The content of martinaphillips.co.uk website is intended for general use and is not designed to diagnose or replace medical advice.
By accepting and paying for your initial consultation the client agrees to the following with Martina Phillips.
Nutritional Therapy is a complementary approach which uses nutrition science to promote health, optimum body function, and individualised care.
Nutritional therapy is recognised as a complementary medicine and is relevant for individuals with chronic conditions, as well as those looking for support to enhance their health and well being.
The Nutritional Therapist:
- Nutritional advice will be tailored to support medically diagnosed conditions and health concerns agreed and identified by the two parties.
- Nutritional therapy is not a substitute for professional medical advice and treatment.
- Nutritional practitioners are not permitted to diagnose or claim to treat medical conditions.
- Two supporting emails can be send between consultations to explain any issues about the plan, supplements or testing otherwise a follow up consultation needs to be booked for further clarification.
- You are responsible for contacting your GP or specialist about any health concerns you may have.
- Please advise your GP of the nutritional protocol you will be following, please advice any other complementary medicine practitioners you are consulting.
- It is important that you tell your nutritional therapist about any medical diagnosis you have received, any prescription medication, herbal medicine or food supplements or over the counter medication you are taking as it may affect the nutritional programme.
- If you are unclear about any part of your plan then you should contact your nutritional therapist immediately for clarification.
- Your nutritional programme and supplement plan will have a time frame and you should not continue with recommendations outside of this unless agreed by your nutritional therapist. This is to avoid any adverse reactions.
- Please report any concerns about your programme to your nutritional therapist for discussion at you next consultation.
All discussions with clients are confidential within clinic sessions. There are however, some limits and exceptions to confidentiality.
If nutritional therapist recognises serious concerns about your safety, or the safety of another person normal confidentiality may be lifted. You will be asked to provide your GP’s contact details, as someone I may contact in these circumstances.
We retain a record of your name, contact details and dates and times of appointments securely. We are required to keep brief notes about the focus of your work.
Working on Skype, Phone & FaceTime
It is your responsibility to have a working internet connection for all WhatsApp and FaceTime sessions. You will be charged for scheduled sessions if your nutritional therapist is waiting for your call, but you are unable to connect online. We will call you for any phone sessions to a UK landline or mobile number if you are in the UK.
Problems & Complaints
If you are having a problem with your nutritional therapist, or the service, which you have not been able to resolve please provide written details of the concern.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
24 hours’ notice must be given if you wish to change or cancel your appointment, otherwise, 50% of the service fee will be payable. Failure to attend an appointment will result in 100% of the fee being charged.
Due to the amount of work that goes in beforehand to create a personalised health programme, all fees are non-refundable.
Consultations (Nutritional Therapy and Nutritional Advice) which have been booked and paid for are non-refundable. If a client needs to cancel or rearrange we always do our best to find a suitable date/time.