My aim is to educate my clients to understand their bodies and how they can become the healthiest version of themselves.
I will use the science of nutrition to educate and empower you to improve, manage or overcome your conditions, to help you achieve your optimum health.
"IT IS IMPORTANT TO ADDRESS WHAT WELLNESS MEANS TO YOU. I THEREFORE AIM FOR OPTIMUM WELLNESS -NOT JUST MANAGE SYMPTOMS"
I really appreciate just how precious good health is, and feel so privileged to have regained my health and that I am now in a position to support others going through similar experiences.
- Don’t wait till you’re ill, get healthy today so you can prevent it!
- Being skinny isn’t healthy and not eating doesn’t get you anywhere but unhealthy.
- Fats do not make you fat, they help heal the body.
- Most of us are overfed, but starving of nutrients, which is why we over eat.
- The food industry don’t always have our health in mind, most of the time just their wallets.
- Functional testing is so important for optimal wellness, how else do we know what’s going on in the body?
- Eat healthy, natural, whole foods, and a healthy weight will follow.
- Health is not just what you put into the body, but also how you live your life, think and breathe.
- No two people are the same, so no two diets should be the same. We all have different nutritional needs.
- Don’t always believe the health claims on food packets, adverts, in books and on the TV.
- All areas of your life have an effect on your health; sleep, stress, exercise, food, environment etc.
- The gut is the seed of all health; it is where 70-80% of your immune system is.
- You cannot achieve optimal health until you have created a state of hormonal equilibrium.
- Eating healthy is a lifestyle choice, not a quick fix weight loss diet.
- Eating healthy doesn’t mean boring food and boring life!
- There is a way everyone can achieve optimum health, however, sometimes it may take a while and a bit of trial and error.
- Health is not about deprivation, counting calories, weighing food or dieting.
- Food should come from the ground, not a microwave, packet or drive through.
- Let food be our medicine.
HEATLTH MEANS HAPPINESS, MINDFULLNESS, CALMNESS AND LIFE SATISFACTION.
IN SIMPLE TERMS: HEALTH IS WEALTH, GIVES US TOOLS TO LIVE LIFE WITH PURPOSE AND GRATITUDE.
Taking a journey through a nutritional consultation can feel like one of the most rewarding and fascinating experiences you will have in improving your health.
The way I work is suitable for people who:
- want to feel listened to and heard
- want to be seen as a whole person, not as a 'diagnosis'
- want to take control of their health
- sense that whilst diet is a key part of health, lifestyle and habits are also important
- ask lots of questions!